The Heart Route leads through some of the loveliest parts of prealpine Switzerland. The secluded trails, far from traffic noise and all hustle and bustle, are particularly appealing for exploring by electric bike. The route offers heart-warming encounters with the countryside and people.
Distance 50.3 km
From the highlight of Einsiedeln, the route follows the north shore of Lake Sihl. After the steep climb to the highest point of the Heart Route and a fast descent to Lake Zurich, you reach the tranquillity of the Buechberg forest. Rapperswil welcomes travellers with its southern charm.
- Old Etzelstrasse
- Restaurant Johannisburg
- Einsiedeln Dairy
Update: August 25, 2021
Getting thereAuf der A4a von Luzern oder Zürich die Ausfahrt «Zug/Baar» nehmen.
ParkingEs empfiehlt sich in einem der Parkhäuser der Stadt Zug zu parken; kostenpflichtig. Signalisationstafeln an den Verkehrsknoten zeigen die Anzahl freier Parkplätze und den Weg zu den Parkhäusern an.
32T 480596 5219387
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view