A varied tour through the Goldau landslide area with the village of Goldau and its nature and animal park, with a view of Lake Lauerz and the famous wealth of orchids.
On the way on the debris cone you will meet again and again witnesses of the landslide: huge nailfluh blocks. The first section of the hike, i.e. the stretch from the railway station to the Spitzibüel height, follows the route of the Schwyzer Höhenweg.
*Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Rest StopRestaurant Gotthard
Getting thereUse motorway A4. Exit Goldau.
ParkingThere are several parking lots. Follow the signs on site.
EquipmentHiking shoes with a good profile or trekking shoes, rain jacket, drink and possibly sticks.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.