Lauerz - Schlüchtli - Ottental - Husmatt - Seematt - Lauerz
Cosy circular hike through Lauerz with views to the Rigi and the Rossberg.
Lauerz, the jewel in the sunny heart of Switzerland, lies at the idyllic Lauerzersee and at the foot of the Rigi which invites you to eat, hike, cycle and linger.
On this short hike at the edge of the Lauerz village you will experience the nature near Lake Lauerz with a constant view of the Rigi and the Rossberg with the gigantic demolition of the rockfall of Goldau anno 1806.
For your information
In order to let our next generation also be inspired from the Queen of the Mountains, may we ask you to dispose of your own waste at Rigi Stations. Thank you.
Getting thereFrom the motorway exit Goldau drive towards Lauerz.
ParkingIn Lauerz village there are various paid parking lots avaliable.
EquipmentHigh profiled hiking boots or trakking boots, rain jacket, drink, food and walking sticks when possible.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.