Walk: Rigi Kaltbad - Unterstetten - Hinterbergen - Vitznau
The outing starts at Rigi Kaltbad and follows the route of the old Scheidegg railway line to Rigi First (alt. 1453 m), where you turn right on to the cliff path with its views of the Uri, Unterwalden and Bernese Alps. At your feet lies Lake Lucerne and its numerous bays and historic resorts.
At Unterstetten you cross the bridge then climb for 10 minutes to the Seeweg path and on to Rotbalmegg (alt. 1457 m). The path descends via Glettialp down to Hinterbergen (1103 m) where you can enjoy a break at the restaurant. An aerial cableway operates between here and Vitznau.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.