Rigi Scheidegg - Hinter Dossen - Unterstetten - First - Rigi Kaltbad
This leisure hiking trail leads you through well-designed paths along the lake route to Rigi Kaltbad. The magnificent panorama of the Kreuztrichter of Lake Lucerne and the Bernese Alps will accompany you all the way long.
From Rigi Scheidegg you will walk leisurely along the panorama trail to Hinter Dossen. At Unterstetten, the well-conducted mountain path branches off again to the Rigi Panoramaweg. Following this you will hike around the Würzenstock. The view wanders to the top of the Rigi and over the Mt.Mythen. After Würzenstock you have two choices: either you follow the impressive rock path to Rigi Kaltbad-First or you stay on the equally beautiful panorama path. In Rigi Kaltbad, the Mineralbad & Spa rewards you to relax your tired hiking muscles in the warm water.
For your information
You can find the current operating status of the railways and hiking trails here.
In order to let our next generation also be inspired from the Queen of the Mountains, may we ask you to dispose of your own waste at Rigi Stations. Thank you.
Getting thereA4 highway - exit Goldau - Kraebel Car park (after appx. 2 km)
At the stations of the Rigi Bahnen in Goldau and in Kraebel you will find parking spaces for a fee.
EquipmentGood profiled hiking boots or trakking boots, rain coat, drinks, food and walking sticks, when possible.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.