Wissifluh - Vitznauer-/Gersauerstock - Fälmis - Wissifluh
Both the people of Vitznau and Gersau see this 1450 m high border peak between Lucerne and Schwyz, as their home mountain. This is why the summit bears the names of both places.
Central Switzerland: popular circular hiking trail
From the Wissifluh mountain cable car station, you first walk leisurely to the Hotel Wissifluh. From here you have a great view over Lake Lucerne and the Bürgenstock peninsula. Now the actual ascent to Ausserurmi (1070 m) begins, then on to Oberurmi and from there to the summit of the Vitznauer-/Gersauerstock. The exciting descent leads via Fälmis back to Wissifluh, where you can take the cable car to the starting point in Vitznau.
This challenging tour is only suitable for experienced hikers and requires surefootedness and fitness. The most difficult parts are secured by ropes and a ladder will help you to conquer narrow passages. Your reward for these exertions is a fabulous view of the Swiss mountains and a truly alpine summit experience for your tour book.
Safety informationThis demanding hike is only suitable for experienced mountain climbers and requires high surefootedness and fitness.
Getting thereA4 exit Küssnacht am Rigi, follow the signs to Vitznau
There are plenty parking spaces avaliable at valley stations. Fees apply.
However, we recommend public transport instead of cars: lean back, be stress-free and do something good for the environment.
EquipmentHiking boots with good profile or trekking shoes, rain jacket, drink, food, maybe sticks.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.