Recharge one's batteries
The area around the mountain village of Illgau radiates power and tranquillity. Therefore it is appreciated by nature lovers and snowshoe hikers. Thanks to its southern orientation and altitude, the area often lies above the fog line.
The signposted snowshoe routes are permitted in the Ibergeregg nature reserve.
For your safety - stay on the route!
SVS snow shoe routes are marked, signposted, safe from avalanches and nature-friendly.
Order snowshoe maps from the Swiss Snowshoe Association (www.s-v-s.ch)
Leave the route forbidden in the nature reserve and hunting ban area!
Tips and hints
For the sake of the wildlife:
- Attention: Please respect the recommended game rest zone.
- In winter, wild animals need quiet retreats to survive.
- Please stay on the route so that the wildlife is not disturbed.
- Please keep your dog on a leash.
Getting thereIn Seewen-Schwyz you leave the motorway. From there follow the road towards Schwyz Muotathal. After the parking lot of the Stoosbahn valley station (8km) turn left towards Illgau. After another 3.4 km you will reach the village of Illgau. Parking is available at the beginning of the village or in the middle of the village at the cable car Vorderoberberg or on the sports field.
Valley station cable car Illgau
Recommended equipment for snowshoe sportsmen:
- Snowshoes, winter shoes (good hiking boots), depending on weather conditions wind jacket, sweater, gloves, cap, sunglasses, gaiters and walking sticks.
- For longer tours rucksack with drink and catering
- We recommend map 1:25000, compass, if available GPS
- Pocket pharmacy and any required medication