You can get in from Oberiberg direction Furggelen or from Brunni direction Furggelen.
The signposted snowshoe routes are permitted in the Ibergeregg nature reserve.
Rest StopAlpwirtschaft Zwäcken
For your safety - stay on the route!
SVS snow shoe routes are marked, signposted, safe from avalanches and nature-friendly.
Order snowshoe maps from the Swiss Snowshoe Association (www.s-v-s.ch)
Leave the route forbidden in the nature reserve and hunting ban area!
Tips and hints
For the sake of the wildlife:
- Attention: Please respect the recommended game rest zone. In winter, wild animals need quiet retreats to survive.
- Please stay on the route so that the wildlife is not disturbed.
- Please keep your dog on a leash.
A4 exit Schwyz - Rickenbach - Ibergeregg - Oberiberg
A3 direction Feusisberg - Biberbrugg - Gross - Euthal - Unter-Oberiberg
ParkingAt Müller's Posthotel
Recommended equipment for snowshoe sportsmen:
- Snowshoes, winter shoes (good hiking boots), depending on weather conditions wind jacket, sweater, gloves, cap, sunglasses, gaiters and walking sticks.
- For longer tours rucksack with drink and catering
- We recommend map 1:25000, compass, if available GPS
- Pocket pharmacy and any required medication
Basic Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.