Legends are stories that keep being retold. It is hard to say what is really true and what is just a legend. Be that as it may, the Legendary Benches Trail is interesting because the benches are located at beautiful viewpoints, overlooking the valley.
In the Scheidegg-Burggeist area, there are over 20 benches where you can have a sit down and read a legend of Mt. Rigi, before strolling on to the next bench to read another one. The Legendary Benches Trail tells the stories of Mt. Rigi and gives an insight into days long gone.
In order to let our next generation also could enjoy the beauty of the Rigi, we would like to ask you to dispose of your own waste in the waste bins which are located at all of the stations of RIGI BAHNEN AG. Thank you.
Take the A4 motorway, exit (no. 38) Goldau.
There are plenty parking spaces avaliable at the valley stations of RIGI BAHNEN AG. Fees apply.
However, we recommend public transport instead of cars: lean back, be stress-free and do something good for the environment.
EquipmentSturdy hiking boots and weather-adjusted clothing
Basic Equipment for Nature Trails
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.