This easy hike offers 2 in 1 pleasures of nature and relaxation.
Are you a relish walker? Then you should not miss this tour. This wide hiking trail runs along the route of the former Rigi-Scheidegg railway. From the restaurant Bärenstube First it leads through a enlightened mountain forest with a view of the both sides of Mt.Mythen that majestically tower over the Schwyz basin.
You can find the up-to-date operating status of the railways and hiking trails here.
In order to let our next generation also enjoy the Queen of the Mountains, may we ask you to dispose of the waste at Rigi Stations. Thank you.
Getting thereTake the exit Küssnacht from A4 highway, then direction to Weggis - Vitznau
Take the exit Brunnen from A4 highway, then direction to Vitznau - Weggis
ParkingAt all Rigi valley stations you will find parking spaces at a fee.
However, we recommend you to arrive by public transportations instead of cars: Lean back, enjoy and do something good for the environment.
EquipmentHigh profile winter equipment are needed: hiking boots, rain jacket, drink, food and possibly walking sticks.
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.